Kevin E Howard is consultant and senior advisor to start-ups, VC firms, universities, and corporations; focusing on technology development, scale-up from invention to commercialization, and IP strategy. Dr. Howard is also a well-recognized expert in inorganic materials and chemistry. Kevin is retired from Dow Chemical after a 30 year career in corporate R&D. He was a post-doctoral associate at the Beckman Institute following receiving his PhD from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, in addition to a M.S. and B.S. from West Virginia University.
PROVEN 30+ YEAR SENIOR SCIENTIST
- Globally recognized expert in inorganic and electronic materials, thermal management, dielectrics, solar, and energy storage.
- Commercially proven lead scientist and program director, taking products and new technologies from invention to scale-up and successful commercialization.
- Global leader of complex R&D programs and project teams with a particular focus on assembling diverse functional teams and delivering innovative and timely results.
- Thirty years of experience in Technology Assessment, Research Planning and Execution, and Due-Diligence for new technologies.
- Extensive patent strategy experience – how to protect your inventions and the ensuing development processes needed to deliver a marketable product.
Principal and Co-founder of Good Harbor Beach Consultants LLC. (November 2019 – Present)
Advisor to VC firms, startups, and established companies with a particular emphasis on technology assessment, due-diligence and patent strategy, and R&D program guidance with a focus in scale-up and the accompanying organizational challenges. Technical expertise in inorganic materials and materials chemistry, oxide and non-oxide ceramics, thermal management, solid state lighting and energy storage materials.
Advisor – Prime Mover Labs, LLC (October 2019 – Present)
Advisor to Prime Movers Lab, a VC investment group. Advising subject matter includes inorganic materials, development and scale-up, and technology analysis.